Taumarunui i-SITE Visitors Centre
- C/ Railway Station, Hakiaha Street, Taumarunui 3920
- Ph +64 7 895 7494
- Email: Taumarunui.email@example.com
- Open between 8:30am – 5:00pm, open everyday except Christmas Day
Waiouru i-SITE Visitors Centre
- State Highway One & Hassett Drive, Waiouru 4861
- Ph +64 6 387 5279
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Open between 9:00am – 4:30pm, open everyday except Christmas Day
Whakapapa i-SITE Visitors Centre
- Whakapapa Village, State Highway 48, Mount Ruapehu
- Ph +64 7 892 3075
- Email: email@example.com
- Open between 8:00am – 5:00pm, open everyday except Christmas Day
WTMC Ruapehu Lodge
We have a comfy backpacker style lodge right at the Top of the Bruce, where the Gran Fondo starts and finishes.
150m from the Top of the Bruce up a gravel path with some steps. An easy carry to get your bike to and fro.
$50 for the weekend (Fri and Sat nights).
How do I book myself in:
Go to https://wtmc.org.nz/lodgebookings and book a non-member bunk.
What are the sleeping arrangements:
You need a sleeping bag (or sheets/duvet) and a pillowcase – we provide a bunk bed (singles and doubles too) and a pillow. There are six bunkrooms of various sizes – 2 to 6 persons with one 10-bunk room – so depending on numbers your party may get its own room.
Check out https://wtmc.org.nz/lodge for all the details
What facilities do you have:
The lodge has normal services such as power, water, heating, phone, wifi, cellular and 3G signal.
- Shared bathroom and shower facilities (bring your own towels and toiletries)
- “Ski room” to work on and store your bikes
- Drying room for your wet gear after the ride (on the vanishingly small chance it’s raining on the day)
- Full catering kitchen with all utensils
- Dining room and spacious lounge
- Stereo with radio, CD and phono plug for your music player
- A small library and toys/board games
The lodge is run by those staying. So you’ll need to help out cleaning the lodge before you leave, allow around 20 min for this.